The minimum warranty period on your Fervor barbecue is 24 months unless otherwise stated. As warranty periods differ between models and retailers, it is advisable to check the Instruction and Assembly Manual for details. The warranty details are found at the back of the booklets. Some models may also have an extended Limited Warranty period. The warranty period is calculated from the date of purchase only.
Garth Warranties are provided in addition to all other rights and remedies you may have under the Consumer Law in the country of purchase. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to major failure. Your warranty period covers you for parts, labour and repairs as a result of normal usage.
- Lack of maintenance, abuse, neglect, misuse, accident or improper installation of this appliance.
- Scratches, dents, corrosion or discoloring caused by heat, abrasive or chemical cleaners or chipping on porcelain parts.
- The occurrence of surface rust.
- Corrosion or damage caused by exposure to the elements, grease or fat fires, insects, sun, snow, wind or hail.
- Severe weather conditions such as electrical storms, hurricanes, earthquakes or tornadoes
- Normal wear and tear.
- Rusting on hotplates, grills, burners and flame tamers.
- Commercial use of the barbecue.
- Unauthorized repairs during the warranty period.
- Product removal or re-installation costs, nor the costs for transit.
- No liability will be accepted for loss or damage caused during transportation.
- Service calls as a result of lack of maintenance.
- Cracks and weathering of timber parts caused by exposure to the elements or damage by weather, heat, insects, chemicals or food acids or juices.
- LP/Propane Gas Cylinder: The cylinder manufacturer is responsible for the materials, workmanship and performance of the gas cylinder. Contact your dealer or the cylinder manufacturer in respect of all warranty claims or service.
You can order spare and replacement parts under warranty direct from Garth Support offices servicing your country or region. To order parts under warranty, you will need to provide proof of purchase details and the serial number for your Fervor gas grill barbecue.
You can order spare and replacement parts direct from the Garth Support offices servicing your country or region. To . A member of the Garth Support team will check availability of the part/s and contact you directly to process your payment details to complete your order
- Turn off all control knobs.
- Turn of gas cylinder.
- Using the spanner, tighten all gas fittings.
- Check all gas connections and hoses by doing the soapy water leak test (refer to your operation manual for details).
- Regularly check your gas connections and lines for damage, cuts or cracks.
If the odours still persists, contact your local Garth Support office for assistance
- When connecting your gas cylinders always perform a leak test of the gas connections and lines with a soapy water solution.
- Turn the gas bottle on without lighting the barbecue and check for bubbles (refer to your Operation Manual for further details).
- If the leak persists, contact your local store of purchase for assistance or replacement.
- Check that the hoses have been properly connected as per your Operation and Assembly Manual.
- Check that there are no obstructions (such as spider webs, insects etc) in or around the burner / Venturi
- We recommend keeping your Fervor barbecue covered at all times when it is not in use.
- During winter periods we suggest applying a thin coat of vegetable oil to the grills hotplates and burners and storing indoors in a dry dust free environment.
- In coastal areas, as salt deposits can cause even the highest grade of stainless to rust, it is advisable to wash, rinse and thoroughly dry your Fervor barbecue before covering or storing.
- When cleaning or polishing stainless steel surfaces always clean along the grain of the steel.
- When cleaning glass surfaces, use a household window cleaner or spray to remove dirt and residue. For baked on debris a non-scratch scourer can be used.
We recommend that you avoid using caustic based products to clean your Fervor Gas Grill barbecue. Instead clean with warm soapy water or a non-abrasive cleaner and a light scourer. Wipe the appliance thoroughly and cover with the right sized protective cover when not in use.
Clean your Grillsmart ™cooking plates with a Fervour Everyday Cleaning Brush or brass bristle barbecue brush to remove cooked food residue or debris. Wash in hot soapy water, rinse and allow to dry. Return the cooking plates to the barbecue and light the burners for five minutes to remove any remaining moisture. Coat the cooking plates with vegetable oil to prevent surface rust.
Clean all stainless steel surfaces with a non-scratch scourer and wash with hot soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
Yes. We recommend covering your Fervor barbecue with a good quality weatherproof cover to protect your appliance from the elements. Choosing the correct cover for your appliance will maximise its effectiveness.
Most Garth barbecues have a protective cover specifically designed to fit – contact your local Garth Support office for details.
Flare ups are fires caused by a build up of fats and residues inside the barbecue.
- The Grillsmart Oil Management System helps to reduce oils and fats falling into the barbecue body – but remember to empty the fat cup located beneath the side shelf after each use and clean the collection channel.
- Reduce the amount of fat on the meats that you are cooking and allow marinades to absorb into the meat – maximising flavour. When cooking marinated meats, be sure to drain the excess marinades before you place your meat on the barbecue.
- If a flare-up occurs take control of it by moving the meat that is dripping fat to another location on the barbecue.
- Clean the flame tamers and sand tray regularly.
You can use dry sand or any other non-flammable absorbent material.
Change regularly to avoid the likelihood of a sand tray fire caused by a build up of fats and greases.
Your Fervor gas grill barbecue was designed and manufactured for use with a Flame Tamer only. It is NOT designed to be used with Volcanic Rocks. Installing volcanic rocks in to your Fervor gas grill barbecue will lead to your barbecue malfunctioning and will automatically void your warranty.
Yes. But to a maximum of 482F or 250C, any exceeding of maximum temperature will void the warranty.
Discolouration is caused by overheating of the barbecue. Do not exceed maximum operating temperatures – refer to your Operation Manual for further information.
Check that your gas cylinder is turned on.
- Check that the burners are free of any obstruction.
- Check that all gas injectors are not blocked.
- Check for a spark on the starter probe.
If your Fervor gas grill barbecue will still not light, turn the gas cylinder OFF and contact the Garth Support Office in your region.
- Check the gas cylinder is turned on.
- Check the gas cylinder is not low on gas.
- Check that the gas hose is not kinked or twisted.
- Make sure that the barbecue is placed out of the wind and is sheltered.
If the problem persists check the burners for blockages and repeat the process.
If your Fervor gas grill barbecue will still not stay alight, turn the gas cylinder OFF and contact the Garth Support Office in your region.
This is known as “flash-back”.
- Turn your Fervor gas grill barbecue and the bottled gas cylinders OFF.
- Allow the Fervor gas grill barbecue to cool and then check to see whether the burners have any obstructions such as spiders or insects.
- Check that the Jetforce Ignition is aligned properly with the neck of the burner and that it is not obstructed.
If the problem persists contact the local Garth Support Office in your region.
- Remove and clean the port holes along the sides of the burners with a wire brush and check inside the burner for obstructions.
- Check you are using the correct hose and regulator. It may be incorrect or damaged and may need replacing.
- Unscrew the ignition cap and check the battery as it may need replacing.
- Check to see whether the ignition leads are connected to the ignition box.
If the problem persists, contact the local Garth Support Office in your region.
The serial number is printed on the cartons that your Fervor gas grill barbecue came in and can also be found on the silver dataplate on the back of the appliances or on the inside of the cabinet door (applicable models only).
The dataplate is a heavy duty silver label that is found either on the back or on the inside of the cabinet door (applicable models only) of all Garth barbecues. The dataplate lists the model number, serial number, manufacturing details, appropriate international safety Standards as well as technical information such as gas consumption rates. The dataplate should not be removed under any circumstances.
The manufacturer’s Model Number is contained within the Operation and Instruction Manual and is printed on the carton packaging. You will also find a red sticker with the model number on the unit itself. This sticker is usually found on inside of the cabinets door (applicable models only) or on the underside of the side shelves.
The Barcode Number is contained within the Operation and Instruction Manual and is also printed on the carton packaging.
Depending upon the particular model of your Fervor gas grill barbecue, solid Grillsmart™ hot plates are available for purchase as an accessory or spare part item and can be used in place of the grill plates. However, this is only recommended in models that feature multiple Grillsmart™ grill plates – for example, a six burner model with two grills and one hotplate, or models with grill surfaces only.
It is NOT possible to replace all the Grillsmart™ grill plates with hotplates in your barbecue – otherwise you will cause the unit to overheat which will cause the barbecue to malfunction or catch fire and will automatically void your warranty.
A grill plate must be in position in your Fervor gas grill barbecue at all times while the unit is in use – ensuring proper ventilation.